Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change . to represent :

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hh:mm:ss is only 8 keys. What are the other two?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200772

"DB74" wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make a temporary entry into the Tools | Autocorrect table, so that .
gets converted into :

Ensure that you delete the entry when you are finished.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 7, 4:38*pm, DB74 wrote:
I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. *Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003 menus:

Tools|autocorrect Options|Autocorrect tab
Add an entry to correct . (dot) with : (colon)

Remember to remove it when you're done.

And be aware that those autocorrect entries affect all the programs in the
Office Suite.

DB74 wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look here too:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"DB74" wrote in message ...
|I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
| represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry... I am using a 10-key to enter the data and want to use the decimal to
represent :...

"DB74" wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you could use ~ as a delimeter and do an autocorrect
~ to : to eliminate the shift key and reduce it to 8 keys.

Mike

"DB74" wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

no you couldn't because ~ requires a shift!! what about ` to :

"DB74" wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And be aware that those autocorrect entries affect all the programs in the
Office Suite.

I didn't know that Dave - thanks for pointing it out.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And for one final thought on the matter... If you are not averse to using
macros... Check out this link:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DB74" wrote:

I am 10-keying times into a spread sheet. Is there a way to make a .
represent : for time so I can 10-key it faster?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...
I was able to make a control box macro to do it...

Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1 Then
Application.AutoCorrect.AddReplacement What:=".", Replacement:=":"
Else
Application.AutoCorrect.DeleteReplacement What:="."

This seems to work well.