Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Password Protecting a worksheet

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to password lock only a specific
worksheet inside of a workbook? I would like all of my direct reports to be
able to access the workbook but not be able to access a certain page within
it, because it will contain associate personal information, unless they have
a password.

Thanks for any responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel's worksheet protection isn't made for this kind of thing. It's easily
broken and all that private data can be available to anyone who really wants it.

If you have data that is sensitive and shouldn't be seen by others, then don't
put it in excel. If you have to put it in excel, then don't share it with
others.

--

Dave Peterson