Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Please help: Filter numbers

Hi
I work in office 2003, and don't have acces to newer formulars.
We have a worksheet with names in column A and dates in row 2. The
numbers(dates) changes downwards along with the names. The worksheet is
called may, so they are just formatted numbers; not dates..
Its a rather large list of names and the numbers varies from name to
name...The persons comes in different days in the month.

Allan (in A1)comes in from the 14th to the 20th, so in B14:B20 the numbers
14,15,16,17....20 are written.
Barbara (in B1)comes in from the 1st to the 12th and then again from the
17th to the 22nd.
In cell A32 we would like "14" to appear, and "20" in A33.
The same goes for row B; in cell B32 we would like "1" to appear and "12" in
B33. In B34 we would like to see "17" and "22" in B34.
Is this possible?
Some comes in twice.
If it's too complicated to get two sets of numbers, we would be super-duper
happy to just have the first and last dates in A32 and A33.
Thanks
Therese

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your data seems very confusing, I cannot ascertain whether you are talking
rows or columns. Can you give an example laid out (beware of spaces, so
format it well).

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Therese" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this is what you want

=MIN(IF(A$2:A$31<"",A$2:A$31))

and

=MAX(IF(A$2:A$31<"",A$2:A$31))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

Note that you cannot use a whole column in array formulae (prior to excel
2007), but must use an explicit range.

--
---
HTH