Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rob Rob is offline

Default formula

I have a spread sheet where I want to divide two columns. The information in
the columns doesn't have anything to do with the division i just need it to
recognize it has an input.

column a tournament amount column b is amount won. I want to have the
percentage of tournaments won excel recognzing that something is inputed. So
column b would be divided by column a, what's in the column cant matter only
if something is in there at all.

Hope that's not too confusing,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming that you're entering tournament amounts i A1 through A500 and the
amount won in B1 through B500, the following formula would give you the
percentage of the amount won:

=SUM(B1:B500)/SUM(A1:A500)
--
Kevin Backmann