-   -   formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178893-formula.html)

Rob

formula

I have a spread sheet where I want to divide two columns. The information in
the columns doesn't have anything to do with the division i just need it to
recognize it has an input.

column a tournament amount column b is amount won. I want to have the
percentage of tournaments won excel recognzing that something is inputed. So
column b would be divided by column a, what's in the column cant matter only
if something is in there at all.

Hope that's not too confusing,

Kevin B

formula

Assuming that you're entering tournament amounts i A1 through A500 and the
amount won in B1 through B500, the following formula would give you the
percentage of the amount won:

=SUM(B1:B500)/SUM(A1:A500)
--
Kevin Backmann