Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding cells based on another cell

I have a list that is probably 20 rows long.
The list is 4 columns wide. The columns are Dealer #, Quote #, Quantity, and
Status.
Status is a data validation list box with 3 different options (Pending, Won,
Lost).
I need to have 3 different totals, one for each of the options. So I want a
total of the quantities for each "Pending", "Won", "Lost".

Please advise,
Let me if you need any other information.

Thanks
Travis.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Travis,

You could use something like this...

=SUMIF(D2:D22,"Pending",C2:C22)

This will sum the total quantity of status Pending

Assuming Status range is D2:D22 and Quantity is C2:C22

Hope this helps,

Gav.

"Tdahlman" wrote:

I have a list that is probably 20 rows long.
The list is 4 columns wide. The columns are Dealer #, Quote #, Quantity, and
Status.
Status is a data validation list box with 3 different options (Pending, Won,
Lost).
I need to have 3 different totals, one for each of the options. So I want a
total of the quantities for each "Pending", "Won", "Lost".

Please advise,
Let me if you need any other information.

Thanks
Travis.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming Quantity is in column C and Status is in column D, use these formulas:

=SUMPRODUCT(C1:C100,--(D1:D100="pending"))
=SUMPRODUCT(C1:C100,--(D1:D100="won"))
=SUMPRODUCT(C1:C100,--(D1:D100="lost"))

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200771