Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delivery receipt when auto emailing

Hello there, I'm using the following code for auto emailing from excel.
Everything is wonderful except when I add in the line to request a delivery
receipt. Can someone advise please? Thanks & regards, Brett Gregory.

ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
.Introduction = ""
.Item.To = Workbooks("1. TOOLS.xls").Sheets("CONTACTS").Range("AG" &
clientline).Value
.Item.Subject = Sheets("EMAIL").Range("subject").Value
.Item.Importance = 2
.Item.DeliveryReceiptRequested = True
.Item.ReadReceiptRequested = True
.Item.Attachments.Add Sheets("EMAIL").Range("O4").Value
.Item.send
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:05"))
Application.SendKeys "{LEFT}"
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
End With
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't mention what version of Excel you are using. If you have
Office 2003, why not automate Outlook for this purpose? There is some
great code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm and also
http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com/olAutomation.html

If not, can you explain what happens when your code gets to that line?

Thx,
JP

On Mar 2, 4:44*pm, Brettjg wrote:
Hello there, I'm using the following code for auto emailing from excel.
Everything is wonderful except when I add in the line to request a delivery
receipt. Can someone advise please? Thanks & regards, Brett Gregory.

ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
* *.Introduction = ""
* *.Item.To = Workbooks("1. TOOLS.xls").Sheets("CONTACTS").Range("AG" &
clientline).Value
* *.Item.Subject = Sheets("EMAIL").Range("subject").Value
* *.Item.Importance = 2
* *.Item.DeliveryReceiptRequested = True
* *.Item.ReadReceiptRequested = True
* *.Item.Attachments.Add Sheets("EMAIL").Range("O4").Value
* *.Item.send
* * * Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:05"))
* * * Application.SendKeys "{LEFT}"
* * * Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi JP, I'm using 2003 Excel. When it hits that line I get a Run time error
438 Object doesn't support this property or method. Actually all this code
came from Ron in the first place. I thought I might try putting in the
delivery receipt thing, thinking it would be similar to the read receipt
line, but no dice! Regards, Brett

On Mar 2, 4:44 pm, Brettjg wrote:
Hello there, I'm using the following code for auto emailing from excel.
Everything is wonderful except when I add in the line to request a delivery
receipt. Can someone advise please? Thanks & regards, Brett Gregory.

ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True
With ActiveSheet.MailEnvelope
.Introduction = ""
.Item.To = Workbooks("1. TOOLS.xls").Sheets("CONTACTS").Range("AG" &
clientline).Value
.Item.Subject = Sheets("EMAIL").Range("subject").Value
.Item.Importance = 2
.Item.DeliveryReceiptRequested = True
.Item.ReadReceiptRequested = True
.Item.Attachments.Add Sheets("EMAIL").Range("O4").Value
.Item.send
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:05"))
Application.SendKeys "{LEFT}"
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc