Leanne

Default Excel 97 form - please help!

Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could help out as I am bashing my
head against a wall over here!
I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the body
of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy format,
but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
through the record I don't get the same problem!!
Is there anyway I can just make it in the above format?
Very grateful for any assistance.
JulieD

Hi Leanne

when you say you "have a data form in excel" what exactly do you mean?
when you say "when the information is entered on the form, it is in American
format?" - do you mean that it is being typed in by the user in american
format and you want it converted to dd_mmm_yy or the user is typing it in in
dd/mm/yy and then it is being converted by excel to mm/dd/yy.

if you have any code behind the entry of date bit could you copy & paste
that in your reply as this will assist in determining a solution.

Cheers
JulieD
Perth, Western Australia

"Leanne" wrote in message
Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could help out as I am bashing
my
head against a wall over here!
I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the
body
of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy
format,
but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
through the record I don't get the same problem!!
Is there anyway I can just make it in the above format?
Very grateful for any assistance.

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Leanne,

I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the body
of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy format,
but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format.
Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space
before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format
without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab
through the record I don't get the same problem!!

Is this the form from Data, form and are you showing the form using a macro?
If so, use this code to show the form, it will ensure you can use local date
formats:

Application.CommandBars(1).FindControl(ID:=860, recursive:=True).Execute

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com