Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Score points and the placing of the winner from 1 and to the lowes

I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point both
- and + point and a colum to total point and there come my ploblem the last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
ThankĀ“s for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I suggest you look in Excel help for the RANK function and also for LARGE
and SMALL functions. You might also need to know about INDEX and MATCH, and
VLOOKUP.

If you want more specific help then you will need to provide more actual
details about your data - what columns you use, how the data is laid out
etc.

Pete

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
Thank“s for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Score points and the placing of the winner from 1 and to the l

Hej Pete_UK

Thanks for you answer. I will tray to tell you more about my problems.
I have make the following column:
Column A are to the name on the team or the person
Column D are to Start Point - for examples 100 points
Column C are to point on who old the team or the person are - for examples
100 points.
Column C are to the MISSION 1 and the MISSION 1 are divided in to columns
one to give negative point for use for long time on the job and give negative
point for Penalty. There can be more MISSION 1 depending on the job.
Column lets os call it columnn E is to Total results from column B to E.
An so come the ploblem for me:
Column F have to show what team there be number one or number two and so an
depending on the total results in column E.
Of rows there can be from one to 100 maybe more depending af how many teams
or perso there take part in the contest.
I hope you can help me to solve the problem.

Michael

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
ThankĀ“s for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, let's say you have points values in cells E2 to E100 - put this
formula in F2 and copy down:

=RANK(E2,E$2:E$100)

This will give you 1 against the highest score, 2 against the next
highest, and so on.

If you want the ranking in the opposite order, then try this in F2:

=RANK(E2,E$2:E$100,1)

and copy this down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum *to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
Thank“s for your help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hej again Pete_UK

Thanks for you answer, and itĀ“s work but there are a small problem and I
will tray to describe it.

That is a example

Point Placing/rank

100 number 5
200 number 4
250 number 4
300 number 3
350 number 2
375 number 2
500 number 1

What can I do to get a accurate result like this

Point Placing/rank

100 number 7
200 number 6
250 number 5
300 number 4
350 number 3
375 number 2
500 number 1

I will be grateful if you can help me to find a solution to this problem -
thank you very much to you

Michael

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
ThankĀ“s for your help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure where you get your placings from in the first example.

If your Points are in column A, put this in B2:

="number "&RANK(A2,A$2:A$7)

and copy down.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 4, 8:41*pm, Michael wrote:
Hej again Pete_UK

Thanks for you answer, and it“s work but there are a small problem and I

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum *to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
Thank“s for your help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hej Pete

Thank for you answer and IĀ“m sorry to disturb you again.
If you look on my example there are a jump between the point and the "when I
use RANK" come with 1 number 1 and 2 number2 and 1 number 3 and 2 number 4
and 1 number 5.
But I have hope when I use RANK there cut be jump between the point and the
placing come out with a accurate result of the placing depending of the exact
point like number 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 and not with 1 number 1 and 2 number2 and 1
number 3 and 2 number 4 and 1 number 5.

michael

"Michael" wrote in message
I have make worksheet with a colum to namesake and more column to point
both
- and + point and a colum to total point and there come my ploblem the
last
column I have make would I like to see what name or team there winner
number
2 and winner nummber 2 and so on where the total point from the column are
decisive for the placement of the name or team in the last column I have
make.
There will be many row depending of how many member there are.
ThankĀ“s for your help!- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you saying that you want to get the sequence 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1
from your numbers, rather than the values 7 to 1 which the RANK
function gives you?

If so, I don't understand the logic of how those numbers were arrived
at. I thought you might be ranking based on the hundreds values, but
in that case I would expect the 300, 350 and 375 values all to attract
the same rank.

Is it, perhaps, that the outer values are 1 and 5, the middle value is
3, and values between the 1st and 3rd rank are all numbered 2 and
similarly the values between the middle and end values are all
numbered 4 ? If so, will you always have 7 values?

If you could explain how the numbers are obtained, then I can look
into it a bit further - the RANK function on its own cannot get those
numbers for you.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 5, 8:48*pm, Michael wrote:
Hej Pete

Thank for you answer and I“m sorry to disturb you again.