Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUM only black numbers and leave out the RED ones

Hello again,

Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all number written in black
and to leave out the ones in red?

I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is in french so if
you know the french terminology that would help alot, but please reight to me
in english.

Take care
Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
see this site for functions on working with colors. count, sum, sort, etc.
background or fonts.
http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

regards
FSt1

"Pascale" wrote:

Hello again,

Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all number written in black
and to leave out the ones in red?

I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is in french so if
you know the french terminology that would help alot, but please reight to me
in english.

Take care
Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pascale wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:52:01 -0800:

P Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all number
P written in black and to leave out the ones in red?

P I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is in
P french so if you know the french terminology that would help
P alot, but please reight to me in english.

To take a contrarian approach, some criterion must have been
used to get the red color. Could that not be incorporated in a
SUMIF function?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe someone in the French Excel groups would know of a French resource.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Pascale" wrote:

Hello again,

Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all number written in black
and to leave out the ones in red?

I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is in french so if
you know the french terminology that would help alot, but please reight to me
in english.

Take care
Pascale

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Usually these criteria are manually applied.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Pascale wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 04:52:01 -0800:

P Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all number
P written in black and to leave out the ones in red?

P I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is in
P french so if you know the french terminology that would help
P alot, but please reight to me in english.

To take a contrarian approach, some criterion must have been used to get
the red color. Could that not be incorporated in a SUMIF function?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:16:22 -0500:

JP -Usually these criteria are manually applied.

Jon

P Is it possible to add a row tsaking into account all
P number written in black and to leave out the ones in red?
??
P I hope so ,this would be very helpfull. Also my excel is
P in french so if you know the french terminology that would
P help alot, but please reight to me in english.
??
?? To take a contrarian approach, some criterion must have
?? been used to get the red color. Could that not be
?? incorporated in a SUMIF function?
??

Is that so! Not meant sarcastically but I only use a numerical
criterion concerning standard deviations to high-light in red.
There is also the Number format using a different color for
negative numbers.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:16:22 -0500:

JP -Usually these criteria are manually applied.

Is that so! Not meant sarcastically but I only use a numerical criterion
concerning standard deviations to high-light in red. There is also the
Number format using a different color for negative numbers.

I was thinking of so many of the cases of actual human usage I've observed.
Conditional Formatting? What's that?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:00 -0500:

JP "James Silverton" wrote in
JP message ...
?? Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:16:22 -0500:
??
JP -Usually these criteria are manually applied.
??
?? Is that so! Not meant sarcastically but I only use a
?? numerical criterion concerning standard deviations to
?? high-light in red. There is also the Number format using
?? a different color for negative numbers.

JP I was thinking of so many of the cases of actual human
JP usage I've observed. Conditional Formatting? What's that?

Basically, as I indicated, I want large changes to stand out so
I have things arranged so that if a change is more than 1.5 ESDs
it is displayed in red. I'd call that "conditional formatting".

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"James Silverton" wrote in message
Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:48:00 -0500:

JP "James Silverton" wrote in
JP message ...
?? Jon wrote on Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:16:22 -0500:
??
JP -Usually these criteria are manually applied.
??
?? Is that so! Not meant sarcastically but I only use a
?? numerical criterion concerning standard deviations to
?? high-light in red. There is also the Number format using
?? a different color for negative numbers.

JP I was thinking of so many of the cases of actual human
JP usage I've observed. Conditional Formatting? What's that?

Basically, as I indicated, I want large changes to stand out so I have
things arranged so that if a change is more than 1.5 ESDs it is displayed
in red. I'd call that "conditional formatting".

I guess you missed my sarcasm. You will find many people that manually
change formatting, cell by cell. They've never heard of Conditional
Formatting.

- Jon
-------