Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default The numbers I enter are changed when I leave the cell

Since yesterday if I enter a whole number in a cell, for example 123, when I
leave the cell it appears displayed as 0,0123. Why does this happen and how
can I change it???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format-Cells-Number
Change it to General or Number, whatever you like
--
Please remember to indicate when the post is answered so others can benefit
from it later.

"kg_ce" wrote:

Since yesterday if I enter a whole number in a cell, for example 123, when I
leave the cell it appears displayed as 0,0123. Why does this happen and how
can I change it???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsEdit. Uncheck "fixed decimal places"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:04:08 -0800, kg_ce
wrote:

Since yesterday if I enter a whole number in a cell, for example 123, when I
leave the cell it appears displayed as 0,0123. Why does this happen and how
can I change it???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You made my day!!! Now let's see if you can also help me on this one:

I have this number in a cell 12.29
I need to divide it by 30 and multiply it by 365 so I type =(d24*30/365)
I get the result 1,0100000000
If I do the same operation on a calculator the result is 0,0101369863

Is there some way I can get the same result with Excel???

wrote:

Since yesterday if I enter a whole number in a cell, for example 123, when I
leave the cell it appears displayed as 0,0123. Why does this happen and how
can I change it???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The result I get is 1.0101369863 in Excel

I think you have a typo in your post in this 0,0101369863

If the 12.29 value is actually 12.288333333 formatted to 2 DP

I get 1.0100000000

Gord

wrote:

Since yesterday if I enter a whole number in a cell, for example 123, when I
leave the cell it appears displayed as 0,0123. Why does this happen and how
can I change it???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, thank you from me too. Every time I typed in a whole number I ended up
with 2 decimal places, and not being very computer literate was having a
tough time of it. I did well to find this site.

Cheers, Vonne