Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Split 5 digit number into 5 cells

Hi everyone

I am sure I have seen this before but it is not showing up on Google.

A1 has a 5 digit number eg 12345
I want a formula or VBA code to produce
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5

anyone point me in the right direction?

Kenny
Win XP
Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm glad you liked it. Keep in mind that this formula will only work if
placed in row 2. To be able to place the formula anywhere, then you would
need to modify it slightly. In fact, this will probably be the better
recommendation.

=MID($A$1,ROW(A2)-1,1)

Regards,
Paul

--

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
You could put this formula in A2 and copy down.

=MID($A$1,ROW()-1,1)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Forum Freak" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I am sure I have seen this before but it is not showing up on Google.

A1 has a 5 digit number eg 12345
I want a formula or VBA code to produce
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5

anyone point me in the right direction?

Kenny
Win XP
Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Or select A2:A6 and array-enter:
=MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))),1)

Regards,
Bernd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thenks for the help but I intended using these individual numbers in a
VLOOKUP however it did not work. I eventually found that they are not
actually numbers - I used ISNUMBER to prove this.

How can I convert them into numbers so the VLOOKUP will work?

Kenny

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
You could put this formula in A2 and copy down.

=MID($A$1,ROW()-1,1)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Forum Freak" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I am sure I have seen this before but it is not showing up on Google.

A1 has a 5 digit number eg 12345
I want a formula or VBA code to produce
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5

anyone point me in the right direction?

Kenny
Win XP
Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Many thanks Paul it worked a treat.

Kenny

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
Try this:

=INT(MID($A$1,ROW(A2)-1,1))

HTH,
Paul

--

"PCLIVE" wrote in message
You could put this formula in A2 and copy down.

=MID($A$1,ROW()-1,1)

HTH,
Paul

--

"Forum Freak" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I am sure I have seen this before but it is not showing up on Google.

A1 has a 5 digit number eg 12345
I want a formula or VBA code to produce
A2=1
A3=2
A4=3
A5=4
A6=5

anyone point me in the right direction?

Kenny
Win XP
Office 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=--MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1))),1)

Regards,
Bernd