Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

Default Excel 2000 saved files display initial view

When I click open and my documents, the initial view is of the middle of the
list of files. I would like the view to begin with the file names starting
with "A". How?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really an Excel question, but click on the Name title at the top
of that column to sort the files by name - double-click to get them in
reverse order. You will probably have folders listed first, then
files. If you want to sort them by date, click on that heading, etc,
etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 27, 4:22*pm, Ray wrote:
When I click open and my documents, the initial view is of the middle of the
list of files. *I would like the view to begin with the file names starting
with "A". *How?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

I just figured out that the view starts at the beginning of the single files.
I want it to start at the beginning of the folders, which are before the
single files but do not know how to do that.

On Feb 27, 4:22 pm, Ray wrote:
When I click open and my documents, the initial view is of the middle of the
list of files. I would like the view to begin with the file names starting
with "A". How?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set it up for "List" view and folders will move to the top and files will be in
alphabetic order below the folders.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Feb 27, 4:22 pm, Ray wrote:
When I click open and my documents, the initial view is of the middle of the
list of files. I would like the view to begin with the file names starting
with "A". How?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RaY RaY is offline

I am having great difficulty explaining the problem. The folders are listed
first and in order, then the other files, which are not in folders, are
listed next in proper order. But when I click "open", the first view is of
the column having the last of the folders and the first of the other files.
I would like to have the view begin with the "A" folder. I have to move the
scroll bar to the left twice to get to the beginning of the folders where my
most used files are. It was that way once but was changed somehow and I
can't get it back.