Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: Can I save all the flies in the window at one go ?

Dear Sir,

Let say I open 12 files in a window and update all of them simultaneously,
after that I need to save all the files to quit this session and to proceed
with another session.

May I know if it is possible for me to save all the files at one go without
exiting Excel ? Currently I click File Exit and click Yes to all at the
pop up menu. This is the fastest way I know. The disadvantage of doing this
is that I need to relaunch Excel.

If I do not wish to save all the files, can I do the same at one go ?
Currently I need to close each file oe exit Excel and click "No" at the pop
up menu for each file.

Thanks

Low

Thanks

Low

--
A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 06:08:04 -0800, Mr. Low
wrote:

Dear Sir,

Let say I open 12 files in a window and update all of them simultaneously,
after that I need to save all the files to quit this session and to proceed
with another session.

May I know if it is possible for me to save all the files at one go without
exiting Excel ? Currently I click File Exit and click Yes to all at the
pop up menu. This is the fastest way I know. The disadvantage of doing this
is that I need to relaunch Excel.

If I do not wish to save all the files, can I do the same at one go ?
Currently I need to close each file oe exit Excel and click "No" at the pop
up menu for each file.

Thanks

If you hold down <shift when you select the File menu, you will see an option
that says "Close All".

This will help with regard to not having to relaunch Excel.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When I have 2 unsaved workbooks open in Excel 2002 and 2003 and click Close
All I get a prompt that includes the option to Save All. When I click it
nothing seems to happen. Then I repeat the actions and the workbooks close
without a prompt. But my changes _are_ saved. Excel remains open. I don't
know why I have to do this twice but it does seem to work.

--
Jim