Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to print line/row numbers as well ?

I want to print an Excel sheet where the line numbers (only them ! NOT the row chars !)
as well. How can I display the row/line numbers on the paper as well?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I don't believe you can do that, the only options are to print row numbers
and column headers in page setup or cheat by creating your own row numbers in
Column A.

Mike

"Jeff Korn" wrote:

I want to print an Excel sheet where the line numbers (only them ! NOT the row chars !)
as well. How can I display the row/line numbers on the paper as well?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to FilePage Setup, click Sheet tab, select "Row and column
headings"

Is that what you needed?

--JP

On Feb 26, 2:12*pm, (Jeff Korn) wrote:
I want to print an Excel sheet where the line numbers (only them ! NOT the row chars !)
as well. How can I display the row/line numbers on the paper as well?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You say you want to print line numbers but not row characters.

Lines and rows are same thing.

Do you want to print row numbers but not column letters?

Cannot be doneby setup...........you must have both or neither.

Workaround is to diasble row and column headers under Page Setup but in column A
have the numbers 1 through whatever just for printing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 26 Feb 2008 19:12:54 GMT, (Jeff Korn) wrote:

I want to print an Excel sheet where the line numbers (only them ! NOT the row chars !)
as well. How can I display the row/line numbers on the paper as well?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jeff Korn wrote:
I want to print an Excel sheet where the line numbers (only them ! NOT the row chars !)
as well. How can I display the row/line numbers on the paper as well?

Jeff

You can print both row and column headings using the Page layout dialog box.

If you just want to include the line numbers, add an extra column before
column A and insert numbers to match the row number. Be sure to uncheck
the "print row and column headings" on the Page layout dialog box.

Bill