agenda9533

Default label

I want to assign names (labels) instead absolute references in formula.

For constant and non-constaht values.

Example,
Underserving contacts (non-CSS) 500 --constant

Under- serving incidents
--non-constant
19.90049751
44.776
22.388
17.910

I've tried Insert/Name/Define,Create,Apply but it didn't work. Please,
suggest.

agenda9533

Thank you for you answer.
So, I need to TYPE names in formula....
I thought if I assigned names they would be populated/applyed automatically
in all cells comtained formula.
Was I wrong?

"Significent" wrote:

Unless I'm not understanding your example, there doesn't seem to be anything
special about what you're trying to do. Assuming you assign names to each of
the cells, be sure to put an equal sign in front of the calculation you're
attempting.

Example: You've named three cells name1, name2, and name3 respectively and
typed a value into each. Now let's say you want to multiply the field values
together. The cell containing the formula should read =name1*name2*name3

Does this address your issue?

"agenda9533" wrote:

I want to assign names (labels) instead absolute references in formula.

For constant and non-constaht values.

Example,
Underserving contacts (non-CSS) 500 --constant

Under- serving incidents
--non-constant
19.90049751
44.776
22.388
17.910

I've tried Insert/Name/Define,Create,Apply but it didn't work. Please,
suggest.

Significent

Sorry, I forgot to request notification of replys (done now). I think you
have it. Name a cell that changes or is static, then use the name anywhere
in your spreadsheet, including other formulae. If this is still not clear,
maybe you can e-mail me an example of what you trying to do.

"agenda9533" wrote:

I want to assign names (labels) instead absolute references in formula.

For constant and non-constaht values.

Example,
Underserving contacts (non-CSS) 500 --constant

Under- serving incidents
--non-constant
19.90049751
44.776
22.388
17.910

I've tried Insert/Name/Define,Create,Apply but it didn't work. Please,
suggest.

Significent

Perhaps this answers your questions (it's right out of help):

You can use the labels of columns and rows on a worksheet to refer to the
cells within those columns and rows. Or you can create descriptive names to
represent cells, ranges of cells, formulas, or constant values. Labels can be
used in formulas that refer to data on the same worksheet; if you want to
represent a range on another worksheet, use a name.