Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Function help needed!

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a function that will list items
missing from one list to another.

A B C
1 Master List B List C List
2 one two one
3 two four three
4 three five seven
5 four six nine
6 five eight
7 six
8 seven
9 eight
10 nine

In this example I would like the function to list the missing items in
column "C", I would like it to update if the B list changes.

I have inserted a picture of my example in case this text formatting doesn't
hold out when I post it.

Any Help is much Appreciated!

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way which gets you there w/o fuss

In C2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",ROW() ))
Leave C1 blank

In D2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT(C:C),"",INDEX(A:A,SMALL(C:C,R OWS($1:1))))
Select C2:D2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of data in col A,
say down to row 500? Minimize/hide away col C. Col D returns the required
results, all neatly bunched at the top. The results will be dynamic to
updates/changes made in cols A & B.
--
Max
Singapore