Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error on spreadsheet

I am copying a large spreadsheet - I am getting an error.
THIS OPERATION REQUIRES THE MERGED CELLS TO BE IDENTICALLY SIZED

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS?

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

THANK YOU

KP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
somewhere on the large spreadsheet that you are coping are merged cells.
you can copy merged cells but you can only paste the merged cells in merged
cells of the same size. excel rule.
solution.
1. find and un-merge the cells on the copy sheet
2. set up merged cells on the paste sheet - same size-same place.

note: this is one reason i recomment that merged cells NOT me used.

regards
FSt1