Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

Default Excel 2003 - copy paste question

Hope I can get an answer here!! Otherwise I'm going to be at work all night.

Here is the problem:
I used to be able to click and drag some info (date, amount, qty) from a
website and paste it on an Excel file, this would place each (date, amount,
qty) into it's own cell. But today (and yesterday) it is putting all the
info (date, amount...) into one cell only.

I hope that explaination was OK?! My question is: Is there an option I need
to look at to revert back to putting all the data into individual cells?

Thanks in advance!
Ben

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ben,

Investigate your text to columns settings. This sounds like it might be
causing your problems.

Select the cells with data pasted from the website, the click Data menu
Text to Columns...

You will probably want to select "Delimited" the select the correct
delimiter on the next sheet.

HTH,

Conan