Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding Rows

I have an excel file with 2000 records. Is there anyway I can insert blank
rows after each records?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In an adjoining column, enter 1 in the first cell and 2 in the second cell.
Copy those two cells.
Select from the first cell down until you have 4000 cells selected..
Paste the data - you will have 1 & 2 repeated all the way down.
Sort using the new column as the key.
Clear the new column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Paul_of_Abingdon"

wrote in message
I have an excel file with 2000 records. Is there anyway I can insert blank
rows after each records?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Paul,

One way,

Put 1 into B1
Highlight B1 and B2
Grab the fill handle and drag down to row 4000
That should leave 1 blank 2 blank 3 blank...etc in col B
Put =INDIRECT("A"&B1) in C1
Grab the fill handle and drag down to C4000 (or just double click it)
That should leave your column A data in column C
separated by the #REF error.

Whilst column C is still selected
Tap F5SpecialFormulas
Uncheck Numbers, Text and Logicals and leave
Errors checked.
OK out
Then tap delete

Do a CopyPaste Values on column C
and delete columns A and B

HTH
Martin

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message ...
I have an excel file with 2000 records. Is there anyway I can insert blank
rows after each records?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why would you want to?

It would mess up any chance you have of sorting or filtering your sheet.

If for appearance sake, just select all rows and double the height.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:55:00 -0800, Paul_of_Abingdon
wrote:

I have an excel file with 2000 records. Is there anyway I can insert blank
rows after each records?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Martin:

Thank you VERY much. It worked. I appreciate very much. It helped me a lot
because I have so many files like that.

Sincerely,

Paul of Abingdon

"MartinW" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your welcome Paul, glad you got it working.

Regards
Martin

"Paul_of_Abingdon" wrote in
message ...