Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table weirdness

I am having a strange problem with a pivot table.
I have part numbers, and revisions. I should see something like this:

1045 revA 10
revB 10
1045 Total 20

2055 Ver1 15
ver2 12
2055 Total 27

3020 Type1 32
Type2 10
3020 Total 32

etc. etc. for hundreds of lines. No, not all are two lines per part
number. However, sometimes I will get something like the following:

1045 revA 10
revB 10
1045 Total 20

2055 Ver1 15
ver2 12
Reva 2
6125 Total 29

3020 Type1 32
Type2 10
3020 Total 32

Note that the total under 2055 is labeled as the total for 6125. Note
also that there is one of those things that is not like the other. I
have determined that indeed, that one extra "revA"is indeed from part#
6125. This happens very rarely. Just enough to screw things up when
the boss is looking it over.

Any Ideas?