Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compress file to a smaller size without using 3rd party applicatio

My purpose is to send a very large Excel file via email (about 10MB), but it
takes to way too long to send it and some time it didn't even go through.

So my question is, is there a way to compress the size of the file to send
via email? I don't really trust 3rd party online application, so...

Anyway, I'm also suspicious that I didn't something wrong with my
spreadsheet that cause it to be so large in size. The spreadsheet has
columns all across to BH and it has about 40 rows. Basically almost each
cell has a formula. There are a total of 4-5 sheets. Is it normal for the
spreadsheet to be so big for the information I gave above?

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using WinXP or higher it comes with a compression utility.

In Win Explorer, right click the file name. Select Send toCompressed
(zipped) Folder.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neon520" wrote in message
My purpose is to send a very large Excel file via email (about 10MB), but
it
takes to way too long to send it and some time it didn't even go through.

So my question is, is there a way to compress the size of the file to send
via email? I don't really trust 3rd party online application, so...

Anyway, I'm also suspicious that I didn't something wrong with my
spreadsheet that cause it to be so large in size. The spreadsheet has
columns all across to BH and it has about 40 rows. Basically almost each
cell has a formula. There are a total of 4-5 sheets. Is it normal for
the
spreadsheet to be so big for the information I gave above?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On any sheet hit CTRL + End

Where does Excel take you?

If far below and/or right of your last known data you should reset the used
range on each sheet.

Excel lotsa times overestimates for any number of reasons.

Instructions here................

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP