Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Cell display

I created a pivot table from a worksheet in the same file. When I click on
the a cell to view the data that the value was based on, I got a column where
a string value that does not display fully. On my source data, the string
indicates the whole value.

That column is used in the pivot data.

Is there a reason why some of my string value could not display fully
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi
When you double click on a PT cell, the underlying data is displayed on a
new sheet.
The column settings for the new sheet will not be the same as those in your
source data.
Just double click on the column heading of the newly created sheet and it
will Autoformat to the width of the widest entry in that column, and you
will see all of your data.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"adrian chen" wrote in message
I created a pivot table from a worksheet in the same file. When I click on
the a cell to view the data that the value was based on, I got a column
where
a string value that does not display fully. On my source data, the string
indicates the whole value.

That column is used in the pivot data.

Is there a reason why some of my string value could not display fully

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Thanks for your help but it appears that the value was cut off at a certain
point. The value of the column is derived from a text area field in a form.
Is there a limit which a tex area can be displayed when i clicked on the
pivot table

Thanks
adrian