Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Editing Multiple Sheets

I often perform a search in Excel over multiple sheets in the same workbook.
I also often move rows within one sheet. When multiple sheets are selected
and you cut / copy / paste on the sheet you have selected, it will perform
the same action on all of the sheets selected.

I'm not sure if this was planned or there is a purpose for this capability,
but it seems counterintuitive to me. It took me weeks to figure out why
there were changes being made in other sheets that should not have occurred.
This has compromised my data and a simple warning message or something
similar stating "your edits to this sheet will affect all of the selected
sheets, do you want to continue - Yes / No" would have been a life-saver.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.