Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplication

I'm running a Pivot Table to show all duplicate entries in my spreadsheet.
Is there a way for me to automatically remove those dupicate entries without
manually going back in and removing them one at a time?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One simple way to flag & remove duplicates ..
Assume source data in A2 down
In B2: =IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)1,"dup",""))
Copy B2 down to the last row of data in col A. Then apply autofilter on col
B, filter for: dup. Select and delete these filtered rows (the dups), remove
autofilter
--
Max
Singapore
"PMST" wrote:
I'm running a Pivot Table to show all duplicate entries in my spreadsheet.
Is there a way for me to automatically remove those dupicate entries without
manually going back in and removing them one at a time?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you don't need the pivottable.

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

PMST wrote:

I'm running a Pivot Table to show all duplicate entries in my spreadsheet.
Is there a way for me to automatically remove those dupicate entries without
manually going back in and removing them one at a time?

--

Dave Peterson