Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Duplication

I am currently downloading stuff to an excel spreadsheet. I was wondering if
there is a formula or a macro that I can run in Excel to remove duplicated
account numbers that are downloaded to the form?

Can someone please advise?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
E10 E10 is offline

Assuming that your account numbers start in column a2
type this formula is column b

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2)1,"Duplicate","Unique")

Copy this formula down to your next row's to see all duplicate. You could
use filter to delete the duplicates and retain only unique account numbers.

hope this helps.