Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 month to month data change grid

I have a 2-sheet workbook with one see being an overview with formulas
in it. The second sheet is raw data in 8 columns that I pull every
month. My question is:

How can I make it so that each month, when I paste in the new data,
the front sheet's formulas automatically adjust to the amount of data
I paste into the raw data sheet? I am an intermediate user (at best),
and would need a little help on how to set it up so I can just plug in
the numbers each month.

Thanx,

KMQ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way: instead of specifying a particular range in a column, specify
the entire column. So instead of something like
=SUM(J1:J25) you can use
=SUM(J:J)

This sums all< of column J.

Dave O
Eschew obfuscation
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Debra's site on creating Dynamic Ranges that float with the number of rows.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP