Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GSM GSM is offline

Default Indirect referencing of external spreadsheets

I have implemented the "pull" function to indirectly reference data in
external spreadsheets that are closed. This is very slow (almost .5 seconds
per cell). I have about 500 cells to update so it takes awhile whenever I do
a manual update.

Is there a faster solution out there yet? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open, Copy, Paste, Close. Not sexy but works.

--
Jim
"GSM" wrote in message
|I have implemented the "pull" function to indirectly reference data in
| external spreadsheets that are closed. This is very slow (almost .5
seconds
| per cell). I have about 500 cells to update so it takes awhile whenever I
do
| a manual update.
|
| Is there a faster solution out there yet? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Or...

Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at:
http://xcell05.free.fr/

That includes =indirect.ext() that may help.

Maybe it'll be faster than the pull function that you used.