Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jeaton

Default Indirect Range Referencing

Hello, I work in a paper mill. I am building a spreadsheet with several
charts. I have a wide sheet of paper coming off of a paper machine of
varying widths. This paper is wound up on a "reel".I have a scanner
that measures the weight of the paper on the reel, and each scan gives
me a 600 point array. I can calculate where the edges of the paper lie
within the array, no problem, and plot the whole thing very nicely. The
problem is that the paper then goes into a re-winder, where the wide
sheet is cut into smaller sheets, that make up "rolls". I can
calculate the start and stop cell address of each roll within the array
and deliver it to a cell which, if I could use as an indirect address in
a chart range, I could plot each roll's weight on a different chart.
Like if D:21 contained the Roll 1 starting cell of AH:591 and D:22
contained the Roll 1 stopping cell of AH:415. I want to define the
charts series as indirect D:21 to indirect d:22. Can anyone help with
this? Thanks
Jeff

--
jeaton