Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default lookup data betwaeen two date

I need formula help with this table below :

COLUMN A COLUMN B COLUMN C
1/1/2007 1/5/2007 HALO
2/1/2007 2/5/2007 HALO B
3/1/2007 3/5/2007 HALO C

I want to make a lookup formula that if I enter the date between Col A
and B, the result will be Column C

regards,

Haryo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this array formula** :

Data in the range A2:C4

E2 = some date

=INDEX(C2:C4,MATCH(1,(A2:A4<=E2)*(B2:B4=E2),0))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP