Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help with calculating data from different fileds

Thanks in advance for your help.
I have a spreadshet of different products, each product has a date it was
entered. I want to be able to calculate how long each prodcut is outstanding.
I have another spreadhseet that lists each product and breaksdown the weeks
eg. 0-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks. So I need to figure out how to first of all only
search for a spacific product and then to calculate how many weeks it has
been outstanding for. So if I have 10 investments (example) outstanding, how
many are between week 0-3 weeks and how many 4-6 etc. I find this very hard
to explain without sharing the spreadsheet. I am using Excel 2003 so I know I
need to calculate it in days as the weeks function does not work on this
version. Hopefully someone will understand what I am talking about :-)