Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF Statement not working after pasting data

Hello,
I am trying to build this formula =if(A2="Snow",1,0). It works in a
fresh, new Excel 2007 sheet but I copied some data from a 2003 version into a
2007 sheet and now my if statement won't work. I tried to format the data
using the same format in the new 2007 sheet but it still won't work. Is
there an option to use to change it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check the length of the data in the cells with =LEN(A2). If your cell is
going to match "snow", it will have to have a length of 4. If the cell
contains space(s), it will not match "snow"

Tyro