Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data points

I am using Excell 2007 and I cannot select two data points on my graph. I am
attempting to show that there is a break in the data, and in the old excel I
would simply select one then another and delete the line connecting the two.
Yet, in this new version it will not let me select an individual point. Does
anyone have any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Are you sure you deleted? If I select a point in a line series and press
delete the whole series is removed.
Changing the format of the line point is the usual way to make an
appearance of a break in the line.
Actually having a blank cell in the data would also produce the effect
if the Not Plotted option is set for the chart.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your right I was not actually deleting the line, but I still want to know how
to select individual data points within the graph. I am sure deleting the
cell would work, but I also like attaching arrows and text to certain points,
a feature I could once do.

ABA-22 wrote:
I am using Excell 2007 and I cannot select two data points on my graph. I am
attempting to show that there is a break in the data, and in the old excel I
would simply select one then another and delete the line connecting the two.
Yet, in this new version it will not let me select an individual point. Does
anyone have any suggestions.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For me the selection method is exactly the same.

With the mouse, click the line, <pause, select the part of the line.

With the cursor keys, Up arrow until required series is selected.
Right arrow until the line section is selected.

Cheers
Andy