Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default costing values

I have a spread sheet that has the following information
column A Column B Column C
1.35 3.5
1.40 3.5
1.45 3.5
1.40 3.5

I need a formula such that if A3 is than A4 (which is the average of
A1:A3), then I use that value in column C for final costing, If A3 is not
then A4,then I would like to use A4 (the average ) for final costing.

Thanks in advance.
--
halegria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
somehing like this
=if(A3A4,C3,A4)

Adjust to your data.

Regards
FSt1

"hugoalegria" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that has the following information
column A Column B Column C
1.35 3.5
1.40 3.5
1.45 3.5
1.40 3.5

I need a formula such that if A3 is than A4 (which is the average of
A1:A3), then I use that value in column C for final costing, If A3 is not
then A4,then I would like to use A4 (the average ) for final costing.

Thanks in advance.
--
halegria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Red Red is offline

how about this:

=if(A3A4,C3,A4) Im assuming the costing value for A3 is in C3. What
this will not take into account is if A3 and A4 are equal. If you want to
default to A3 if A3 and A4 are equal just change it to this.
=if(A3=A4,C3,A4)
--
Just a fellow Excel user here to help when I can.....

"hugoalegria" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that has the following information
column A Column B Column C
1.35 3.5
1.40 3.5
1.45 3.5
1.40 3.5

I need a formula such that if A3 is than A4 (which is the average of
A1:A3), then I use that value in column C for final costing, If A3 is not
then A4,then I would like to use A4 (the average ) for final costing.

Thanks in advance.
--
halegria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you this works,
--
halegria

"akphidelt" wrote:

Try

If(A3A4,A3,A4)

"hugoalegria" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that has the following information
column A Column B Column C
1.35 3.5
1.40 3.5
1.45 3.5
1.40 3.5

I need a formula such that if A3 is than A4 (which is the average of
A1:A3), then I use that value in column C for final costing, If A3 is not
then A4,then I would like to use A4 (the average ) for final costing.

Thanks in advance.
--
halegria

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Thank you, This was unbelivebly cool, All the other formulas
worked very well, however this was simple and elegant. Thank you
--
halegria

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

=Max(A3,A4)