Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Number Formats

Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help me with this at all...?

I have some custom number formats that put a prefix of either '+' or '-' in
front of the value in a cell, depending on whether they are a positive or a
negative value. Not that exciting, but useful. However, when I want to use
this format it never seems to be in my list of custom formats, meaning that I
have to locate a spreadsheet where I know that I used this format and copy it
over.

So my question is; does a custom number format only exist within the
spreadsheet where it was created (i.e. like a non-PERSONAL macro), or is
there a way in which these can be made 'universally' available?

Thanks,

Dickie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about this...

Start a new workbook
Create a new style (format|style in xl2003) with the format you like

Name this new workbook book.xlt and store it in your XLStart folder, then excel
will use this template file whenever you click on the new icon on the standard
toolbar.

Then you can just select your range and change the style to what you want.

--

Dave Peterson