Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bo bo is offline

Default Source Data Inaccurate on Chart

I am using Xcel 2002. I have created a Annual Sales spreadsheet. I am
attempting to chart 2 lines (Sales and Expenses). When I insert a chart on
another worksheet (same file) I cannot get the lines on the chart to agree
with the spreadsheet. I can get one of the lines to show correctly but as
soon as I add the other line (doesn't matter which one) the second line
charts at almost double the amount. I think the Y axis is not agreeing but
can't figure out why. Appreciate any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As I answered in the other newsgroup:

You've created a stacked line chart, in which the second series shows the
sum of the first two sets of data. A third series would be added on top of
that, etc.

You need to create a regular line chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions