Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Having some difficulty with summing cells

I have a spreadsheet in which I have one column with values, and another
that either has a check symbol or nothing at all. The issue is that I am
trying to sum the values from the value column that pertains to the rows
where there are check sybols in the check column.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In another column use this formula

If your value is in col A and the check box in col B put this formula in col C

=if(b1="your symbol",A1," ")

"Ryanjoseph42" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet in which I have one column with values, and another
that either has a check symbol or nothing at all. The issue is that I am
trying to sum the values from the value column that pertains to the rows
where there are check sybols in the check column.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your values are in A1:A0 and your check symbols are in B1:B10 then
=SUMIF(B1:B10,"Your_Check_Symbol_Here",A1:A10) sums for check symbols in
B1:B10
or
=SUMIF(B1:B10,"<"&"",A1:A10) sums for B1:B10 not blank

Tyro