Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Difficulty linking cells in Excel 2003

I have a value in Sheet1 Cell A1. I want the value to be repeated in Sheet2
Cell A1. In the past, I have clicked on the destination cell, entered =,
clicked on the source worksheet, then on the source cell, hit Enter, and the
destination cell was linked to the source cell.

However, this no longer seems to work in Excel 2003. I click on the
destination cell, enter =, click on the source worksheet, then the pointer
turns into a hand and I am not able to click on the source cell.

It seems to only be affecting two users that I am aware of. If they copy
the cell and paste the link it works, but they want to be able to click on
the cells to select them.

Anyone have an idea what would prevent them from being able to select a cell
for a link?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried it. It works. Maybe the cell is protected. Try testing it on a new
workbook. It works.

If you can't unprotect the cell, just type it manually, like
=SheetName!CellAddress, ie: =Sheet1!A1 for the 1st cell in Sheet1.

"Bruno" wrote:

I have a value in Sheet1 Cell A1. I want the value to be repeated in Sheet2
Cell A1. In the past, I have clicked on the destination cell, entered =,
clicked on the source worksheet, then on the source cell, hit Enter, and the
destination cell was linked to the source cell.

However, this no longer seems to work in Excel 2003. I click on the
destination cell, enter =, click on the source worksheet, then the pointer
turns into a hand and I am not able to click on the source cell.

It seems to only be affecting two users that I am aware of. If they copy
the cell and paste the link it works, but they want to be able to click on
the cells to select them.

Anyone have an idea what would prevent them from being able to select a cell
for a link?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I know it will work, I tried in on another machine with Excel 2003. I
haven't tried it in a new workbook on the affected machines.

If it's too "inconvenient" for them to select the source cell first and
paste a link in the destination cell, there's no way they'll type the whole
link.

I've given them the work arounds, but they want to be able to do it the way
it used to work for them. Need to figure out why it is only not working for
two users.

Thanks.