Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create account with regular income - How?

Hi
I have created a small spreadsheet for a post office account which has
a regular income twice a week
Is it possible to create a formula that will automatically input these
amounts every week - and if so, how do I do it?

Using Excel 2003 on Vista
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Martin

If you had weekly dates running down column A, and your amounts in column B
and column C, you could use in B2
=IF($A2<=TODAY(),100,"")
where 100 represents the income
Do the same for C2 with the relevant amount for that column.
Copy both formulae down for as many rows as you have dates in column A.

When today's date exceeds or equals the weekly date, the amounts will
appear.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote in message
Hi
I have created a small spreadsheet for a post office account which has
a regular income twice a week
Is it possible to create a formula that will automatically input these
amounts every week - and if so, how do I do it?

Using Excel 2003 on Vista
--
Martin
©¿©¬

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default RE Create account with regular income - How?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 09:36:20 -0000, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Martin

If you had weekly dates running down column A, and your amounts in column B
and column C, you could use in B2
=IF($A2<=TODAY(),100,"")
where 100 represents the income
Do the same for C2 with the relevant amount for that column.
Copy both formulae down for as many rows as you have dates in column A.
When today's date exceeds or equals the weekly date, the amounts will appear.

Hi Roger, sorry for not replying sooner
Your formula is very helpful, thank you
But I can't figure out
When today's date exceeds or equals the weekly date, the amounts will appear.<

Can you tell me how to make that happen please
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Martin

Send me your workbook, and I will see if I can sort it out.
Mail to
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Do the obvious with at and dot.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:08:29 -0000, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Martin

Send me your workbook, and I will see if I can sort it out.
Mail to
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Do the obvious with at and dot.

Sent
--
Regards
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Martin

File got picked up by my spam filter and put in Junk.
Retrieved file and sorted, on its way back to you.

You were starting in Row 5, so the Reference to cell A2 in the formula I
posted, needed to have been changed to A5.
The reference is relative, so it will alter as you copy down so it is
looking at column A of whatever row it is on.
Cells now remain blank, until payment date is = Today.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Roger Govier" <roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote in message
Nothing arrived her.
Can you try again

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:08:29 -0000, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Martin

Send me your workbook, and I will see if I can sort it out.
Mail to
roger at technology4u dot co dot uk
Do the obvious with at and dot.

Sent
--
Regards
Martin
©¿©¬

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:05:30 -0000, "Roger Govier"
<roger@technology4unospamdotcodotuk wrote:

Hi Martin

File got picked up by my spam filter and put in Junk.
Retrieved file and sorted, on its way back to you.

You were starting in Row 5, so the Reference to cell A2 in the formula I
posted, needed to have been changed to A5.
The reference is relative, so it will alter as you copy down so it is
looking at column A of whatever row it is on.
Cells now remain blank, until payment date is = Today.

Got the hang of it now Roger
All working great
Thank you
--