Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why can't I see cell borders in print preview?

I'm trying to design a time sheet and have used different styles of borders
on different parts of the form. I'd like to preview the form , but can't see
the borders in print prebiew. Is this normal? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, this is normal. Depending on your version (Excel 2007 or any others)
would be like this:

For Excel 2000-2003
Go to File Page Setup and then check the Gridlines box in the Sheet tab.

For Excel 2007
Click the Layout tab and then in the Sheet Options Group check the PRINT
checkbox under GRIDLINES
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"justapicker" wrote:

I'm trying to design a time sheet and have used different styles of borders
on different parts of the form. I'd like to preview the form , but can't see
the borders in print prebiew. Is this normal? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I'm using Excell 2003. I don't want gridlines throughout the form,
but I have formatted borders in different sections. Can I see them in print
preview? I appreciate your patience.

"Tyro" wrote:

Are you talking about borders or gridlines? Terminology is important.

Tyro

"justapicker" wrote in message
I'm trying to design a time sheet and have used different styles of
borders
on different parts of the form. I'd like to preview the form , but can't
see
the borders in print prebiew. Is this normal? Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"justapicker" wrote:
I'm trying to design a time sheet and have used different styles
of borders on different parts of the form. I'd like to preview the
form , but can't see the borders in print prebiew. Is this normal?

Yes, this could be normal. It could be an artifact of the screen
resolution. It depends on how small your print area must be reduced to fit
the page. Usually, zooming in (the Zoom button is a toggle) on the Print
Preview window will allow you to see the borders. Of course, the real test
comes when you print. If you do not see borders when you print, the problem
is something else altogether.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at sheet in page setup.

Make sure "Draft Quality" is unchecked.