Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2003 Crashes

I use an add on program for analysis work from which one can create charts in
excel. Once the charts are created and when I try saving them the system
crashes and it's back to square one. Auto recover saves the file but not the
charts. Sometimes the file will save but there is no information in it. We
are in discussions with the program designers tech department but I am
starting to suspect that the problem is with excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As I have it, what you see in a code module and what is actually in memory is
not entirely the same. Deleting code doesn't necessarily get it all. Junk
tends to build up. I once had it get so bad my code went nuts. Execution of
one procedure would actually execute other procedures in other modules that
positively wern't even referenced. Try Rob Bovey's code cleaner as a first
resort:

http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/CodeCleaner.htm

Also, see Jim Cone's response he

http://tinyurl.com/396evc

During development, sometimes objects on worksheets get shrunk to zero
height when the rows containing them are deleted. Also, programmatic addition
of objects using flawed loop code by developers sometimes results in
superimposing huge numbers of objects where only one is apparent. I recollect
one poster finding literally THOUSANDS of textboxes superimposed at the same
location and appearing to be just one. Put the Select Multiple Objects
control on your toolbar and check that there aren't more charts, controls
etc. than what are evident.

Right click any toolbar Customize Commands tab Select the Drawing
toolbar from the Categories list Drag the Select Multiple Objects control
from the Commands list to a toolbar. I have it as third from the top of the
list.

This control calls a dialog that lists and lets you select all objects on a
worksheet. *Ensure that the worksheets aren't locked or objects won't appear
in the dialog.

Greg