Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tab and Scroll Question

Hello,

Is there any way to set-up a scroll of sorts to coincide with my cell
tabbing? I've protected all but certain areas on my worksheet so a user can
tab and enter data in those noted cells. Unfortunately when the user is
entering the data, it goes pretty far down the page before Excel kicks in and
brings it up enough just to see the next line.

Thank in advance - Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you Tab to unlocked cells on a protected sheet that is the behaviour you
get.

Default is Tabbing left to right and top to bottom.

If your next unlocked cell is pretty far down the sheet, Excel will Tab to that
cell and it will be located in the bottom row of the window.

What do you want it to do?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:08:01 -0800, Roger
wrote:

Hello,

Is there any way to set-up a scroll of sorts to coincide with my cell
tabbing? I've protected all but certain areas on my worksheet so a user can
tab and enter data in those noted cells. Unfortunately when the user is
entering the data, it goes pretty far down the page before Excel kicks in and
brings it up enough just to see the next line.

Thank in advance - Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good Morning Gord,

I understand the behavior brought about by the tab, but I'm hoping that I
can get the screen to scroll prematurely to the tab cursor getting to the
bottom of the screen. Yes, the screen does Tab and scroll on it's own, but
not until you're at the bottom and only a few lines at a time fromt that
point forward.

I'm looking to see if there is some kind of logic I could incorporate
(Target Value) perhaps that could connect with a certain data line where I
know it's getting close to the bottom. That way, the screen would scroll
ahead of the user once they tab to that particular cell. E16 on my worksheet
is where it gets to the bottom. Once they've tabbed to there, the screen only
rolls up one line or so at a time. I want to preempt them reaching there by
maybe having that Target Value kick in at L9 and start to scroll from that
point.

Thanks for your review and let me know if this is even a viable option

Jenny B.

wrote:

Hello,

Is there any way to set-up a scroll of sorts to coincide with my cell
tabbing? I've protected all but certain areas on my worksheet so a user can
tab and enter data in those noted cells. Unfortunately when the user is
entering the data, it goes pretty far down the page before Excel kicks in and
brings it up enough just to see the next line.

Thank in advance - Roger

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know how to get Excel to anticipate when it is nearing an address.

Not sure what you are looking for with the "scrolling" part.

Yes, the screen does Tab and scroll on it's own, but
not until you're at the bottom and only a few lines at a time fromt that
point forward.

After Tabbing to E16, which is the bottom row on your screen, what scrolling
takes place from there?

If you are using event code to Tab to cells, you could incorporate the ScrollRow
property to move the target cell to the top left cell on the screen.

With ActiveWindow
.ScrollRow = Target.Row
End With

Gord