Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forum technology not working correctly?

I posted a question in this forum and quickly received email notification of
a reply (and the reply was a good one). But the email contained a clickable
link to take me to the post: Please read the response...increase the quality
of answers in the discussion
group. <A
href="http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/aspx/notifauth.aspx?url=http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx%3fdg%3dmicrosoft.public.excel.misc%26 mid%3d3cf7ac14-1041-4659-be3b-462eaa0d58c3"
target=_blank<BRead and rate the response</B</A<BR

and clicking on that link produced only a blank page.

Likewise, when I am in this forum and then log in via my mspassport, it
tries to return me to where I came from, but in fact it says, for URL
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/aspx/pp...?wa=wsignin1.0 , "Internet
Explorer cannot find this page".

Win XP Pro/SP2/IE7.0/F-Secure antivirus/admin privileges
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The web interface for these newsgroups is pretty lame. Try using the NNTP
interface:

http://cpearson.com/excel/DirectConnect.htm

- Jon
-------