Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting dates in a worksheet

I have a worksheet where the first column contains invoice dates

I have entered dates as follows in the first column

25-01-08
05-05-07
22-11-07
19-07-06
25-12-07

I want the above rows sorted on ascending order of date(first year, month
and date).

I have formatted the first column as date set to french(france) 14-03-01.

ANy solutions
--
reply to my posts are welcome
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If they are Excel dates, then a sort will do that by default.
If you've got text (which would mean that the format doesn't change if you
change the date format of the cells in the column), then you need to turn
them to dates, which you may be able to do by Data/ Text to Columns.
--
David Biddulph

"NSNR" wrote in message
I have a worksheet where the first column contains invoice dates

I have entered dates as follows in the first column

25-01-08
05-05-07
22-11-07
19-07-06
25-12-07

I want the above rows sorted on ascending order of date(first year, month
and date).

I have formatted the first column as date set to french(france) 14-03-01.

ANy solutions
--
reply to my posts are welcome

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The following is the result after I sort in ascending order without header
12/2/07
11/11/2007
22-05-07
25-01-08

Actually the result should be althrough the entire row

12/2/07
22-05-07
11/11/2007
25-01-08