Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel forgets where Names are from.

I've set up a couple of names through the Name Manager that is an array of
all the dates and values up to the present. I then use these arrays in two
charts. Now I've done it this way so that the charts will auto update
themselves when new data is added as the names are coded to collect all data
present.

On to the problem:
Every time the data in the names changes the charts don't update. I look to
see why and it's because under source data excel now has:

X: =[0]!Dates and Y: =[0]!Values
this has replaced what I originally had
X: =Report.xlsx!Dates and Y: =Report.xlsx!Values

By using [0]! excel seems to be keeping original values for the array
(because the charts still display what they had)

I can't figure out why excel just seems to forget where these names are
referenced from,
Note: the workbook name is Report.xlsx, and I'm using 07
Any help would be greatly appreciated