Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Signature locking entire workbook

Excel 2007

I have a time sheet workbook, with a worksheet for each employee. Each
worksheet has a signature line. When a signature is added to one worksheet,
the entire workbook is locked. What I want to do is have it only lock the
worksheets that have been signed, so the others can still be edited. Is this
possible?

-Clint
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You obviously have some code which does the locking.

Alter that so's it locks only the activesheet and not the entire workbook.

If you don't know how to alter the code, post it so's someone can have alook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:37:00 -0800, Clint
wrote:

Excel 2007

I have a time sheet workbook, with a worksheet for each employee. Each
worksheet has a signature line. When a signature is added to one worksheet,
the entire workbook is locked. What I want to do is have it only lock the
worksheets that have been signed, so the others can still be edited. Is this
possible?

-Clint

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I already looked at the code but there isn't any there. I also made a new
blank workbook with just a signature line, and the same thing happens, so it
seems to happen by default with the signature line.