Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Removing Columns

Working with Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with a large numbe of empty
rows. Have tried to delete them but more appear. I have also tried the hide
command with no success. Seeking guidance on how to display just the columns
that have data. Advice sought
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Maurice

You talk about columns, but say your sheet has a large number of Empty rows.
Which is it that you want?

Columns can be hidden
Rows can be Hidden.

If your data goes down from row 1 to row 30, for example, and you wanted to
hide all rows below this, then
Place cursor in A31Control+Shift+Arrow down will highlight rows 31 through
65536 (XL2003 and earlier)right clickHide

Similarly, if you wanted to hide all columns to the right of column M, place
cursor in N1Control+Shift+Arrow right to select columns N to IV

--

Regards
Roger Govier

"Maurice" wrote in message
Working with Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with a large numbe of empty
rows. Have tried to delete them but more appear. I have also tried the
hide
command with no success. Seeking guidance on how to display just the
columns
that have data. Advice sought

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wed, 30 Jan 2008 05:06:01 -0800 from Maurice
:
Working with Excel 2003. I have a spreadsheet with a large numbe of empty
rows. Have tried to delete them but more appear. I have also tried the hide
command with no success. Seeking guidance on how to display just the columns
that have data. Advice sought

Excel worksheets always contain rows through 65536 and columns
through IV (more in Excel 2007); there's nothing you can do about
that.

You can adjust the View | Zoom so that only the rows and columns
you're interested in fit on the screen.

You can use File | Print Area | Set Print Area to control how much of
the worksheet prints.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/