Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing columns

How can I take data that is in three columns, 180 rows and make it 6 columns,
90 rows?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

cut and paste

"Windy" wrote:

How can I take data that is in three columns, 180 rows and make it 6 columns,
90 rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jan 29, 12:58*pm, Windy wrote:
How can I take data that is in three columns, 180 rows and make it 6 columns,
90 rows?

can you be more pscific on what do you want to do.
if one column cotains Firstname, Lastname for example you can put it
in two columns by selectin DataText to columns and chose coma as
seperator.

FG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might want to take the data which is currently on rows 1 and 2 and
put them side-by-side, and then rows 3 and 4, 5 with 6 etc, or take
row 1 and row 91 and put those side-by-side, then 2 with 92, 3 with 93
etc.

Any preferences?

Pete

On Jan 29, 5:58*pm, Windy wrote:
How can I take data that is in three columns, 180 rows and make it 6 columns,
90 rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David McRitchie has some notes on how to produce newspaper-type
columns he

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 29, 5:58*pm, Windy wrote:

How can I take data that is in three columns, 180 rows and make it 6 columns,
90 rows?- Hide quoted text -