Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Show Percentage of value

For example
IF i start with 100 i need the next cell below to show what 5% off 100 is.
So the answer sould be 5.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=.05*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=.05*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

Thanks
Although 5% would be 0.05
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can also use

=5%*A1

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"shifty" wrote in message ...

| "Gary''s Student" wrote:
|
| =.05*A1
| --
| Gary''s Student - gsnu200766
|

| Thanks
| Although 5% would be 0.05

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, so you can use =5%*A1
--
David Biddulph

"shifty" wrote in message
Thanks
Although 5% would be 0.05

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

=.05*A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to remember how to figure the percentage of 2 numbers: For
example I have 545 and want to know what percent 379 is of the 545. How would
I do that manually and then formulate to excel spread sheet?

"shifty" wrote:

For example
IF i start with 100 i need the next cell below to show what 5% off 100 is.
So the answer sould be 5.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

With 545 in A1, and 379 in B1, enter in C1
=B1/A1
Format C1 with FormatCellsNumberPercentage

--
Regards
Roger Govier