Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using the VLOOKUP feature.

I've read a couple of articles on how to do it, but I still don't quite
understand. This is what I need to do:
Drawing # Part # Tube #
350TT-77A 100587 TUBE 1A
350TT-157B 100039 TUBE 1A
350TT-157C 104287 TUBE 1A
350TT-133A 100048 TUBE 1A

Here is what my spreadsheet looks like. I need to be able to find out what
tubes drawings and parts are in. I would like to be able to search by either
the drawing, or the part number. Could somone please tell me how to do this?
(Keep in mind that you are explaining this to a BLONDE!! :) )

--
Have a fantastic day!

Tricia LeAnn
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tricia,

With the Drawing# to look up in D1:

=VLOOKUP(D1,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)

With the Part# in D2:

=VLOOKUP(D2,$B$2:$C$5,2,FALSE)

I assumed your data with a header in A2:C5

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Tricia LeAnn" wrote in message ...
| I've read a couple of articles on how to do it, but I still don't quite
| understand. This is what I need to do:
| Drawing # Part # Tube #
| 350TT-77A 100587 TUBE 1A
| 350TT-157B 100039 TUBE 1A
| 350TT-157C 104287 TUBE 1A
| 350TT-133A 100048 TUBE 1A
|
| Here is what my spreadsheet looks like. I need to be able to find out what
| tubes drawings and parts are in. I would like to be able to search by either
| the drawing, or the part number. Could somone please tell me how to do this?
| (Keep in mind that you are explaining this to a BLONDE!! :) )
|
| --
| Have a fantastic day!
|
| Tricia LeAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<with a header in A2:C5

Should be:

with a header in A1:C5

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Niek Otten" wrote in message ...
| Hi Tricia,
|
| With the Drawing# to look up in D1:
|
| =VLOOKUP(D1,$A$2:$C$5,3,FALSE)
|
| With the Part# in D2:
|
| =VLOOKUP(D2,$B$2:$C$5,2,FALSE)
|
| I assumed your data with a header in A2:C5
|

| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|

| "Tricia LeAnn" wrote in message
|| I've read a couple of articles on how to do it, but I still don't quite
|| understand. This is what I need to do:
|| Drawing # Part # Tube #
|| 350TT-77A 100587 TUBE 1A
|| 350TT-157B 100039 TUBE 1A
|| 350TT-157C 104287 TUBE 1A
|| 350TT-133A 100048 TUBE 1A
|| Here is what my spreadsheet looks like. I need to be able to find out what
|| tubes drawings and parts are in. I would like to be able to search by either
|| the drawing, or the part number. Could somone please tell me how to do this?
|| (Keep in mind that you are explaining this to a BLONDE!! :) )
|| --
|| Have a fantastic day!
|| Tricia LeAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, I hate to be a pain, but I'm sure people who use excel regularly would
understand that completely, but I'm still having some trouble. I'll give you
my spreadsheet information in more detail, and maybe you can help me then.

A1- PROJECT: Quickfind Tube Index!

A3- DrAwInGs iN TUBE: 1A

(A5)DRAWING # (B5)PART # (e5)Tube #
(A6)350TT-8A & 9A (B6)104597 (E6)TUBE 1A
(A7)350TT-29A (B7)100011 (E7)TUBE 1A
(A8)350TT-33 (B8)103220 (E8)TUBE 1A
(A9)350TT- 50A (B9)100019 (E9)TUBE 1A
(A10)350TT-62 (B10)100024 (E10)TUBE 1A
What I'm trying to do is make a searchable database where I can find out
which tubes certain drawings and part numbers are located in. I have already
entered all of the information, and there are about 4,500 different
corresponding drawing and part numbers that I have in the system. I would
like to be able to just type in "100024" and find out that it is located in
TUBE 1A. Does that make more sense?

Again, I am sorry to be such a hassle, but I really do appreciate your help!
--
Have a fantastic day!

Tricia LeAnn

"Niek Otten" wrote: